Friday, October 3, 2008

Malaysian from Sammy eyes-Malaysiakini

Furore over racist blog posting
Athi Veranggan Oct 3, 08 11:11am@http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/90655
The 22-year-old blogger posted her derogatory comments after her mobile phone was stolen by two alleged Indian youths when she was having lunch at her office.


Well,this is just a classic example of someone who dig their own grave..Why she carry such deep hatred on Indians??There must be some reasons behind her attack..Before I carry on,I would like to stress that I never carry any personal grudge against this sweet looking girl although I came from the same Indian community..No not at all..I just trying to study her reason for the harsh words she used against my Indian community in whole..

Ok ,let we study her background 1st...From her profile and postings,I believe


  1. Sammy graduated from USM...

  2. working for atleast a year in local KL advertising firm

  3. Major in Mass Media and came from poor or middle class Chinese group since typical well to do Chinese hardly chose local University except Medicine & Pharmacy studies.(Many might argue but this is the fact which I believe many would agree)...Of course I strongly believe only the poor & Middle Class will resort to complete STPM.

  4. Typical small town girl from the way she got excited about 20 tequila shots she had in her office party..Hardly such things not something that makes us proud..Furthermore, she claimed she got 4th ranking in drinking session among 30 participants..I believe most of her colleagues just competing for a sake of fun or courtesy and try not to get drunken by carry on with alcohols..This is just a normal behavior and decent practice of many professionals to control their alcohol intake during office party...I used to hold Regional Manager post in renowned German company and even my office boy never get carried away with such parties..I know such competition just for a fun and by right just let your senior or higher management staff to get drunken if they really want to have fun....But this girl who just join the firm really got carried away and she thinks she's cool for standing among top 4..Hmmm what else I can say, this how a typical small town girl behave if she try to be cool in big town...So Sammy ,can you safely confirm this theory..???

Ok now let me use some of the points above to relate her previous nasty blog post..

  1. Our Local Government University failed to provide solid ground to nurture racial harmony..Sammy is just 1 of many out there..The racial unity among students fail badly in Malaysia and I believe it started earlier due to our weak early vernacular academic system..If we look closely, IPTAs gather Tamil School,Marticulation,Asrama Penuh Mara,Chinese School & National School all under 1 roof..These students came from heavily devided race based early education system and continues to carry on the same barrier in IPTA..But why IPTA and not IPTS???..Hmmm...I should just keep quite in order to avoid any libel suit from IPTA official...Anyway, i'm sure many should know the reasons by now..
  2. Ok ,working environments...I believe Sammy working in a typical Chinese office..From here, I strongly believe she eat& drink with Chinese,live with Chinese and work with Chinese..What else can't go wrong with her?? .If you talk about advertising company,1st thing came to my mind is Chinese or Malay company..This is quite norm in Malaysia where in this industry, mandarin speaking or bumi quite synonym with their job advertisement..I just can blame our weak enforcement policy to allow such advertisement in Malaysia...
  3. Ok, I have mentioned about she might came from middle class of poor family..Many would be surprise to relate this to her action..Ok let me put this way,It's more clear a racial based segregation somewhere based from financial status..In past, I believe Sammy would be more moderate in commenting or comparing herself with other race..Maybe because she still in the same group of majority middle class or poor Indian and Malays..Nothing makes her look superior than them in past..But soon after she enjoying better life with high paying job and with new her rich colleagues, I believe she start to feel superior and begun to compare herself with average Indians and Malay..She believe, Chinese race is far more superior and better in terms of life style..In short,she start to feel arrogant with her new experience..Why I pull her previous status here..Well, it's more obvious to hear such arrogant remarks from a orang kaya baru since a born well to do community will never try to be so obvious and bold like Sammy...
  4. Ok,now on typical small town girl..I believe part of her bashing on Indians fueled by the reason I state above..I believe she lived among majority middle class & poor Indian in her small town....Her mindset more towards poor Indians in small town where she fail to see many successful Indian in a big town like KL..It's quite normal to see Indian driving Merc in big town but she fail to mix around those professional and well to do Indian..Her mind only fix around poor Indians and their lifestyle in her small town...

Well, I might be wrong in judging this young girl but from the way she talk about Indians, the main problem came from our very own government and their racial based policies..This is prove of another failure from BN governments...Do we get surprised with Sammy after recent UITMs fiasco???Hell no...Sadly, this is our future Malaysian....

Vicky

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

accept her apology and stop scolding her more.

just because you went to university does'nt make an intellectual out of you.
she is still young so would learn to be worthy citizen.

if she is working in a very conservative company as I imagine she is it explains her outburst.

lets give her a fair chance.

to the question 'what did you learn in England' a great asian soul said, 'I learned to go to parties and behave like them!'

dixie

v-key said...

You kinda right there Rudra..But still,we should just forget but not forgive this whole incident and hope others will take it as a lesson..

For all Malaysian out there, if you kinda racist,please for god sake keep your big mouth with you..Please remember that we are living in multi racial country

Anonymous said...

Although i do not condone what Sammy wrote in her blog she has apologised for her action. Some even suggested that she should be charged. But if i am not wrong there are politicians and even teachers that touched on racial issues with bad taste and i don't see them getting charged. Can we be more fair ?

Unknown said...

probably as how my taste will go, these angel-looks babe surely could win pretty lot of man's heart, significantly among asians men like me & others.
a pardon pls from All serious blogger on planet as i'll have to admit in advance partly the reason why i'm spending some minutes from my precious time here sharing my sincere view was also due to 'instinct of a man to protect any lovely creature'...to put aside science a while, we are all GOD's creature.

damage caused by her strong comments potentially could last pretty long to every single malaysian especially among the respective Indian community. being a chinese myself well of course my mood towards some extent would be affected if ever i read any frustrating comments relate to my race.

but being in a largely multiracial society, i guess tolerance or probably sometimes a lil significant sacrifices are unavoidable. not really proud or ashamed to reveal but i've got several human on earth that i undoubtly and clearly addressed them as my buddy or brother. surprising or not, among some came purely from respective races of Malays & Indians.

pretty a lot exp that together we'd gone through & the tie of friendship seems to getting stronger as days passes.
not really suggesting to simply forgive anyone's mistake after all the eventual negative impacts that falls, but hey...who made's no mistake?

feel free to disagree if this differs with anybody's opinions but i strongly believed any offender(s) deserved a second chance (not getting spare from punishment when it is necessary) if he/she really regretted the committed regretful action & probably towards some extent the level of sincerity could be proven are honestly true till to the stage where reasonably it could be satisfactally accepted.

not too sure if i'm right bout this but vicky, your long statement referring to sammy successfully used my 10 mints to try to understand better but not totally the probable meaning out of it.

i guess no pure men on earth would even try to adopt behaviour of example an irritating girl..as far i'd encountered usually only those too emotional & silly girls will tend to address in the most undesirable way towards as far words anyhow could no longer be scrambled on someone they head. but in this case.......i hope not.

Anonymous said...

I somehow saw that you are more racist adn stereotyping as compared to her. You had the time to think and analyze, but still come up with these kind of idiot assumptions? It was only an outburst for her but she has the dignity to apologise.

what if she's not from local uni? what if She's from an expensive uni that you never had a chance to go? what if she's frm above average background and is English-educated her whole life? What if she's not from rural areas and from big cities? Are YOU going to knock ur head upside down just because you made all the wrong assumptions? Do you have that much of dignity to apologise to her?

I was not hapy with her outburst but you proved to be worse than her. I'm disappointed how some people can use the fall of other people to make themselves feel higher (as in you). Or maybe this is ur way of increasing ur blog hits because this is the hot issue of now?

Anonymous said...

A real good blog . . . Can't wait for more blogs from you! Keep up the good work! If only more Malaysian like you around . . .

v-key said...

Thanks alot..

Well, I do write whenever I got some good points to do so..Well,as you can see,I never streotyping most of Malaysian politic blogging trends where they just tend to report news as it's just to keep their blogs up to date and alive....

I do strongly believe personal blogs should just be used to spur out your original ideas and views as I'm practising right now..

Thanks again for your support..

Vicky

Malaysian Malaysia said...

Always and Better to keep nasty experiences to yourself only.

(a)Many bloggers are known to be clumsy with their words..

(b)..These common blunders inevitably spread out and adversely affect people around them.

To avoid 'clash of paradigm shift' please activate "This blog is open to invited readers only".

Be angry, but do not sin.

Blessed your enemy, do not curse them.
If they are hungry, feed them.
It they are thirsty, give them a drink.

Anyway,I did lost my h/p before and I was angry.I also lost Rm 193 worth of call time bill within 25 minutes before it was barred.

I blessed my enemy ,since I was & am still color blind. My friends call me stupid for saying so.

It is OK with me ,as 'I know those
persons are answerable in the end to the higher calling'.

My salute to all Peacemakers